By Jannet Walsh
If you enjoy watching videos, and are an English learner, then make the most of your time to increase your language skills.
Watch the video below on how to improve your English skills by watching YouTube videos. More details are posted below to help you enhance your English. Enjoy!
Learning English tip of the day
Watch YouTube videos for learning English
- Online videos – Start watching videos in English to increase your language skills. Use YouTube or other sources for videos.
- Subtitles on and off – Watch video first time with English subtitles, second time without subtitles.
- Stop video, look up words – Watch video and stop at words or sentences you don’t know, or understand. Write down new words, then use dictionary. If you don’t have a video, no problem, use an online dictionary, such as Learner’s Dictionary, Macmillan Dictionary. The Cambridge Dictionary online includes audio recording of pronunciations, with essentials for American English.
- Record yourself speaking – Watch video, record yourself repeating sentences you hear in video. You can use your smart phone or another recording device. iPhone users can use Voice Memos, or search for another audio recording app. You can use your computer to record video with audio. Mac user can use their Photo Booth or QuickTime Player applications. If you are a Windows users, here’s the Windows Camera application directions to start recording yourself speaking English.
- All language skills engage – You will be working on listening, speaking, writing and reading, all while watching videos.
- Save videos – Save your videos, and you can watch your language skills progress over time.
- Even better, watch a series of your favorite videos in English
- Practice, practice, practice – Repeat the same steps as above as many times as needed.
- Confidence building – You will increase your confidence and vocabulary by watching videos in English!
Private online tutoring – My guidance has helped prepare countless university students, including international students, for their first job interviews, and polish their communication skills.
My English language coaching is tailored to meet your specific needs, and to achieve your goals. I will use the same passion in teaching my former university students in the classroom to help refine your English language skills during online sessions, and bring clarity to your accent. Please read more about learning English with me.
If you are interested in find out more, please use my contact page to connect and set up a free 30-minute strategy session. You can also use the contact page of Field Notes.
I look forward to helping you achieve your professional goals by advancing your English skills.
I am passionate and committed to helping you improve your life through mastering the English language.